Last Modified Date: 5-23-2018
1. Information We Collect
If you are just browsing the website, we collect basic, anonymous information like most websites such as browser type, language, referring site, pages visited, time on page, etc... All of this information is anonymous until you choose to provide personal information about yourself.
Personal information refers to any information that you voluntarily submit to us and in turn identifies you personally. We collect this information from you when you fill out a form, subscribe to our newsletter, and place an order through our promotional store. This includes, but is not limited to, information like name, email, phone number, company name, and company address. Personal information can also include information that is publicly available on the Internet through third-party applications like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google.
When you do place an order through our promotional store you will be required to enter a credit card and billing information. Payment information is processed using third-party, PCI-compliant service providers.
2. How We Use Information We Collect
We Never Sell Personal Information
We value your privacy first and foremost. Therefore, we do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Protecting of Personal Information
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
Use of Personal Information
- To improve our website. We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service. Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To provide a personalized experience. We work to provide each user the information they find valuable and necessary to do their job.
- To process payment transactions. Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To send periodic emails. By choosing to sign up for our email newsletter, you will receive relevant email content from Muncie Power Products. The email address you provide for order processing, will only be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, unless you subscribe to our email newsletter.
Use of Credit Card Information
All credit card transactions we collect and process are handled using a third-party, PCI-compliant service provider. After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway provider's database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
Retention of Personal Information
We retain personal information that you provide us as long as we consider it useful, or until it exhausts our data retention policy of 365 days. If we deem the information as no longer valuable due to events like inactivity, we will securely delete all the information in order to comply with our legal obligations. After termination, we will, unless legally prohibited, delete all customer information – including your personal information – from our servers.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small data files transferred onto computers or devices by sites for record-keeping purposes and to enhance functionality on a website.
Managing of Cookies
Cookies are stored on your individual device and never stored on our servers. Therefore, each visitor has full control over which cookies are being stored on their device. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers are automatically set to accept cookies. Please note that if you decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features our website offers.
4. Use of Third-Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback.
201 E Jackson St.
Muncie, IN 47305